Going on vacation is great! But what about exploring all the amazing things there are to do in and near the Conejo Valley. If you’ve never thought about taking a few days off work just to play tourist in your own neighborhood, we hope to inspire you to do so! Our residential storage team put their heads together and came up with a great list of 10 activities for a fun-filled staycation.
- Horseback Riding – Rocking K Horse Rentals – Explore Rancho Sierra Vista/Satwiwa National Park on a guided trail ride that’s suitable for all levels of riding experience.
- Reagan Presidential Library – President Ronald Reagan’s legacy thrives at this Simi Valley attraction. Permanent exhibits include the Air Force one aircraft and a full-size replica of the White House Oval Office.
- Gardens of the World – This striking monument in Thousand Oaks commemorates the various cultures of the world. It includes traditional Japanese, French, English and Italian gardens as well as a courtyard of colorful hand-painted murals.
- Chumash Indian Museum – A historical site and living history center, the Chumash Indian Museum in Thousand Oaks tells the stories of and maintains the culture of the Chumash people that once numbered in the tens of thousands who lived along the coast of California.
- Dojo Boom Extreme Air Sports – A seriously fun facility in the Janss Marketplace with more than 50,000 square feet of extreme attractions. Try out their Ninja Obstacle Course or test your trapeze or aerial silk skills!
- Janss Marketplace 9 Movie Theater – Not the only way to catch a movie, but definitely the most comfortable! Enjoy the latest flick in your reclining leather chair while enjoying a snack and drink. But be warned, you may never go back to the typical movie theater again!
- MB2 Raceway – Indoor Go Kart – Channel your inner racecar driver and fulfill your need for speed! You’ll compete against your friends or family on an indoor track where go karts can reach speeds of up to 45 miles per hour.
- California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks – This participatory museum encourages visitor engagement and has regularly changing exhibits. Visitors can expect to experience world-class art that will engage and educate.
- Stagecoach Inn Museum – Travel back in time to the late 1800s and experience how innkeepers who catered to pioneers exploring the Wild West lived. Costumed docents lead you on a guided tour and entertain you with tales of history and legend.
- Boulderdash Indoor Rock Climbing – With over 10,000 square feet of sculpted climbing surface, there’s plenty of fun for the climbing novice as well as the big wall ace!
We’d love to hear your favorite staycation activities as well. Feel free to comment below or, when you’re in need of residential storage, come in and check out what we have to offer and we’ll swap ideas in person!