Celebrate California Wine Month in Thousand Oaks
Get your corkscrews ready! California Wine Month is back this September for the 19th time! This is the perfect occasion to try some new wines from our Golden State. The best part? You don’t have to travel far. Thousand Oaks, along with its surrounding areas, is brimming with tasting rooms and wine bars that are just waiting to be explored. Not sure where to start? Our friendly Thousand Oaks storage units experts at Hollywood Storage Center can help. Whether you’re a wine enthusiast or a casual sipper, we’ll show you the top spots for quality wine and stunning views.
So, let’s get set to celebrate California Wine Month in style!
Make a Toast to the West Coast:
Thousand Oaks and the whole Conejo Valley are lucky to have some of the finest wine-tasting experiences in California. Each venue has its unique charm and offers more than just a glass of wine. Picture scenic landscapes, art galleries, bakeries – there’s something for everyone. Plus, with September’s fantastic golden light, it’s a great time to explore the area.
Check out these local wineries:
- West Tasting Room: Nestled along Thousand Oaks Boulevard in Clear Oaks Plaza, the West Tasting Room provides a serene and welcoming spot for wine lovers. Here, you can enjoy a flight of local wines handpicked just for you. The setting is comfortably rustic, providing a gorgeous backdrop for relaxation and appreciation of fine wines. Pair your wine with one of their delicious artisan pizzas. The Burrata & Prosciutto is a fan favorite!
- Cork Dork: Found on Lindero Canyon Road, Cork Dork wine bar is a must-visit if you’re open to discovering new flavors. This place boasts an extensive range of wines from local and international vineyards. They also offer delicious seasonal dishes inspired by the harvest season. Want perks? Consider becoming a club member – it comes with discounts, birthday surprises, and monthly tastings!
- NABU Wines: Off Townsgate Road in Westlake Village, NABU Wines crafts locally made, distinctive wines. Explore their exquisite Chardonnay and velvety Merlot, including offerings from Napa Valley and Malibu Coast vineyards. Celebrate the harvest season with their standout flavors. Want laughs with a side of wine? Mark your calendar for their comedy show on September 7, 2023.
- Sunland Vintage Winery: Located in Northstar Plaza on Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Sunland Vintage Winery offers Conejo Valley residents a taste of Italy. Their wines are characterized by notes of lemon zest and a dry finish. In celebration of wine month, live music performances are scheduled for September 8, 15, 22, and 29.
- Cornell Wine Co.: Right on Mulholland highway in Agoura Hills, you’ll find Cornell Winery with its charming tasting room. This place has more than just wine to offer – it doubles as an art gallery showcasing the works of local artists. Sip away as you enjoy vibrant paintings and photography. Interested in a piece? You can buy it there. Worked up an appetite? Head next door to The Old Place for some delicious BBQ.
- Stonehaus: Next to the Westlake Village Inn, Stonehaus beckons guests with its picturesque European-inspired ambiance. A great gathering place for friends and family, Stonehaus is part wine bar and part bakery and café. Most seating is outdoors so you can take in the lovely garden scenery. Swing by September 10, 2023, for their special event, which involves grape picking, stomping, and a delicious lunch.
- Malibu Wines & Beer Garden: Located in West Hills, the Malibu Wines & Beer Garden is a paradise for wine and craft beer aficionados. Sips for all palates await. And this September, it’s getting even better. Food trucks are rolling in! They’ll be serving everything from tasty burgers to yummy cheese platters. Plus, live music will play every weekend. Grab a tasty bite on the go or reserve a table to sit down and savor your meal.
We hope these local gems inspire your next adventure. Cheers to a fantastic wine month filled with delightful experiences and memorable sips!
As you explore all the fabulous wine our area has to offer, you may pick up a few more bottles than your wine cellar can handle. If your bottles need safekeeping, our Thousand Oaks Storage Units experts can help. Our climate-controlled wine storage is maintained under the ideal conditions so you can preserve those flavors well beyond September. To learn more, stop by our main office or call us any day of the week from 8:30 am to 6 pm. We’re here to make storing what you love simple.