Volunteer Opportunities in Thousand Oaks
Around the holidays, lots of us at Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks reflect on how fortunate we are, and look for volunteer opportunities to give to others who are in need. I know it’s not just us that feel this desire to give back. I’m always impressed by the generosity of people in our community.
Since I’ve been researching opportunities for us, I thought you might enjoy hearing about a few of them as well! So, I’ve put together a list of opportunities for you to consider.
- 15 Hands Rescue – Love animals? This organization serves the needs of abused, neglected and abandoned horses. You would provide the horses with proper grooming, exercise and socialization.
- Assistance League Conejo Valley – This group has a program, called Operation School Bell, which provides new clothing for disadvantaged children. Help plan, organize and coordinate scheduled Clothing Shopping Nights.
- SCORE Ventura – Are you business savvy? SCORE helps entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success in their existing businesses. Share your knowledge through mentoring!
- United Cancer Advocacy Action Network – This local, grassroots organization focuses on ways they can help those with cancer both locally and nationwide. They have a goal of becoming the largest financial assistance cancer organization in the country. Right now they’re looking for board members.
- Friends of the Civic Arts Plaza – Are you a lover of the arts? Volunteering as part of this group might be for you! Lots of opportunities such as hosting refreshments for special events or being an usher for performances at the Fred Kavli Theatre and the Scherr Forum.
- Thousand Oaks Library – If books are your thing, this volunteer opportunity is right up your alley. Assist with checking in, process books and other material, or even help with the library’s children’s programs.
- Support for the Kids – This 24 year old local organization works hard to provide underprivileged kids in Ventura County with educational enrichment, supplies, clothing, experiences and other essential for growth and success. If you want to donate in any way, please contact them at: www.supportforthekids.org.
There are so many ways to get involved and make a difference in the lives of others, and volunteering is beneficial to you too! Volunteering your skills helps you develop new skills. You’re also very likely to meet like-minded people and make new friends.
We at Hollywood Storage Center do what we can year round to give back to our community. We organize food drives and toy drives because it makes us feel good to know we are making a difference. We also donate water to local non-profit organizations to help with their fundraising.
We’re super proud to be part of this community and to be able to offer business and residential storage units at the great prices. We’ll beat any deal in the Conejo Valley! If you’re finding the need for a little extra space, drop by or give us a call. We’re always ready and willing to lend a hand.
This was a guest post from Lindsay, one of the storage consultants at Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks. She’s our resident expert on things to do in the Conejo Valley. Thanks for sharing, Lindsay!