7 Great (and Simple) Crafts from the Storage Unit Experts
The staff at Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks can be pretty crafty…in a good way. When we’re not helping our customers find the perfect storage units, we certainly enjoy channeling our inner artisan. We all know Pinterest is amazing for gathering ideas, but you could literally spend weeks browsing their collections and end up with a list of to-dos that will overwhelm you. With the help of our most creative storage consultants, we’ve narrowed down some craft suggestions that are tried and true, and simple enough that anyone can do.
- Washer Necklaces – Not only are these adorable, they are easy to make and inexpensive to purchase the supplies.
- Statement Necklace – This wire-wrapped stone necklace is sure to draw attention in the best possible way.
Wine Cork Art:
We enjoy our vino, and some of us even take advantage of the Hollywood Storage Center wine storage units to store our own. We also love the cute art projects you can create with the leftover corks! It’s just another good reason to share a bottle with a friend. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Wine Cork Pendants – Since we just gave you some jewelry ideas, we’ll combine this next category and give you a jewelry and wine cork craft idea. These wine cork pendants are as adorable as they are simple to make.
- Wine Cork Pumpkin – Now is the perfect time of the year to create this little cutie and it’s super easy too!
- Wine Cork Christmas Wreath – And with Christmas just around the corner (can you believe it?), now’s the right time to start saving your corks to make this beauty.
- Revitalized T-shirts – One of the ways some of the crafty ladies at our storage center stretch a dollar is by making new creations out of their old t-shirts. Two of our favorite DIY projects include the Shoulder Tied Tee-Shirt and the Side Tied Shirt both of which we found on the blog Wobisobi.