Hollywood Storage Center’s 15 Minute Cleanup:
Tada… enter the 15 Minute Kitchen Cleanup. It’s a quick 11-step system that aims to remove trash, dirty dishes, and unwanted items from the kitchen, making it ready to be used, or in good shape for guests to be around. While you won’t scrub out the refrigerator or clean under the sink in this time, you will remove any offending trash and dishes, making your kitchen clean and clutter free.
The steps are:
1. Get all of your supplies together
2. Run a sink of hot, soapy water
3. Scrape off all dishes into the trash or garbage disposal
4. Place dishes that need to soak into the water
5. Clear out trash from the floor, countertops, cupboards, etc.
6. Gather items in a basket that don’t belong in the kitchen
7. Put away items that don’t belong in the kitchen
8. Load the dishwasher (or wash dishes by hand)
9. Wash down appliances, countertops and sink
10. Sweep, mop or vacuum
11. Take out the trash
Of all the rooms in your home, the kitchen needs attention every day. In just 15 minutes, you can go from dirty to delightful.
And, remember, leaving more room in cabinets and cupboards will help you keep items more organized and easily accessible. If you have holiday/seasonal dishes, trays, and decorations taking up space in your kitchen, perhaps it’s time to think about putting them into a clean, convenient Conejo Valley self storage unit and rotating when needed. With spring break and the spring holidays of Passover and Easter right around the corner, it’s an especially great time to clear out the cabinets and store items that can be easily accessible in a Newbury Park storage facility.
Let us know your kitchen shortcuts. Post here or on Facebook. Thanks!